Monday, February 6, 2012

Faith Comes by Hearing

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
Romans 10:17


Every time I have heard this verse, I associated it with Salvation.  I had never considered that this is how I will grow in my faith!  But that is what our Sunday school teacher said yesterday.  My faith comes {grows} by the Word of God, too!  I have learned that because I do not pray often, depending on the Lord the way I should, my faith is just, well... small.  I am fearful.  My thoughts wander to places they shouldn't.  I try so desperately to do everything on my own.

I have got to be the most pathetic of Christians because I actually read my Bible so infrequently.  I have been very convicted about this lately.  I am trying to get up earlier in the morning and have my own devotions.  Then Dallas leads family devotions after breakfast. Then we have "history" in the afternoon in which we are reading Genesis and {supposed to be} studying ancient Egypt.  It is a pretty tall order to follow, and there are some days when none of it happens.  But I have to thank God every time any of it happens, because it is only by HIS grace. In my flesh, it would never happen at all.  In Dallas' flesh, it would never happen, either!

My faith come by hearing... sermons about God's Word, but most importantly, "by the Word of God"!

No comments:

Post a Comment