Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day #1 Results

Wow, what a day!  I am really embarrassed to even show my before pictures.  It will show what absolute PIGS we really are!  Granted, Mommy was gone all day Saturday, leaving kids home with Daddy in the morning, then we were all gone until almost supper time, so we didn't have our routine Saturday cleaning, so its BAD!!!  OK, are you ready? Here is my kitchen before:
YIKES!!  We had a busy weekend, including a wonderful Sunday picnic. (See the coolers?!)
Leah helped with dishes, and LOVED it!

WOW!  If only these people I live with weren't hungry all the time, it might stay this way!
I forgot to get the before pictures... trust me, its a lot better!
It was a long day with a lot of work, but so worth it!  I will have to save the "to do" list so I can do more on it when summer break rolls around.  There aren't enough hours in MY day to complete that extensive list!!  The cupboards shown are the only ones I cleaned, plus a couple of dawers.  The garbage bag was so heavy it almost tore!  I threw away tons of expired meds & supplements and yucky utensils I don't use anymore.
Now for Tuesday's list!

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! And what an adorable little helper you have. ;0) It's very encouraging knowing that other wives and mommies are working alongside getting things back in order. Makes it fun and challenging! Thanks for joining the challenge! Keep up the great work! :0)

    Much Love & Blessings,
    ESTHER
    Our Simple Country Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to wait and do my spring cleaning after we finish school in three weeks. Then yesterday I washed dishes and wiped the counter and found how greasy it was behind the toaster. Then I pulled the spice racks, radio, cookie jar, and napkin basket. Well, after an hour or more the counters, dishes,part of the cabinet fronts, dishwasher, and stove were sparkling. I guess I have to finish the rest the next couple of days! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, the rest of the kitchen is clean! Yahoo! I spent about 2 hours on the cabinets, exhaust fan and a light fixture. Then cooked dinner, washed dishes, and dashed off to AWANA. At least the dishes were done before church. Like you said Judy, if people weren't always hungry the kitchen would stay clean!

    ReplyDelete