Thursday, March 22, 2012

Psalm 85

I have been so blessed as I have been reading through the Psalms.  When reading Psalm 85, I noticed some of the promised blessing in the chapter.

In verse 4  "Blessed are those who dwell in Your house; They will still be praising You."  Dwelling in His presence is something I find hard to do, only because it is a constant effort.  It doesn't just happen.  Continual repentance and praise is necessary for this.

In verse 5 "Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pilgrimage."  In and of ourselves, we are just weak.  God wants us to be always pursuing HIM.

Verse 12  "O LORD of hosts, Blessed is the man who trusts in You!"  For everything (period.)  My flesh wants desperately to live independently of God... only to fall into sin and bring shame on myself!  Trust.  For everything.




Judy

1 comment:

  1. You need a "Like" button like on Facebook. Oh, that is right, you don't Facebook! Still like this post.

    ReplyDelete