Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013


Easter is not really the best term for what we celebrate on that holiday.  I prefer "Resurrection Sunday".  That explains what the celebration is all about.

Normally our church goes "all out" for Resurrection Sunday: breakfast, sunrise service, then the usual Sunday school and morning service, with a focus on Salvation.  This year was a little different.  It seemed as though we spent the entire week preparing for Resurrection Sunday.  Beginning last Sunday, we had a special evangelist visiting.  We had revival meetings every night, Sunday through Friday, with the exception of Wednesday night which was our traditional "Crucifixion service" (very special!)  So by the time Sunday rolled around, my heart was clean, I was in fellowship with the Lord Jesus, and was already praising Jesus in my heart for the unspeakable gift He is to us.

There is so much joy in having a close fellowship with the Lord Jesus Himself!  When I am walking in the Spirit, I am not afraid of the things that normally scare me, I have peace.  I am not upset about the things that normally upset me, I am Spirit-controlled.  My mind is on Jesus, not my worries.  I am focussed on my Savior, not my sins.  I have so much to be thankful this "Easter season".

No comments:

Post a Comment